Monday, May 23, 2011

Organize: Printing Tip

When I print several copies of a multi-page document on my printer, I used to have to take time to sort through the prints and figure out the first and last page of every copy (tough without page numbers).  Now, I simply open a blank WORD doc, hit the space bar a few times (so it looks like a blank page but you have the printer tricked into thinking there's something on it), and in between each document I send to the printer I print that blank WORD doc.

I have no trouble distinguishing between the copies any longer because there is a blank page between each copy!

2 comments:

  1. couldn't you just put a hard page end at the end of the document so Word thinks it's a page longer than it really is? (You could save the document, then add the page end, print & then close without resaving, which would make the extra page temporary).

    Even if you don't want to do that, you dont' have to put spaces in a blank Word doc for it to print a blank page.

    valleycat1

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would work great if all the documents you were printing were WORD docs. In my case, I'm printing .doc, .xls, .pdf, etc so this wouldn't apply.

    You are correct about not needing the spaces in a WORD doc for it to print a blank page.

    Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete