Monday, January 31, 2011

WORD: Selecting to Edit

Here's the easiest way I've found to edit words in a sentence:

Hold down the Control key (Cntrl) and use your arrow keys (left or right) to maneuver to the first letter of each word in your sentence.  For instance, if I realized I'd just spelled "maneuver" wrong, I would hold down Cntrl and use my left arrow key to get to that word and then correct it. 

If you hold down the Shift (Sh) key while you are control-arrowing left and right, it selects every word between where you started and where you stop.  For instance, if I hold down Cntrl and Sh and use my left arrow key, I can select every word in this sentence and then edit it (using the underline, for instance).

These maneuvers are kind of awkward at first but force yourself to use them and you will be amazed at how fast you can edit sentences/words in WORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment